• Presented in High Definition
• Hotel Salvation Q+A with director Shubhashish Bhutiani and producer Sanjay Bhutiani in conversation with Gaylene Gould (2017, 26 mins)
• Kush (2013, 20 mins): director Shubhashish Bhutiani’s award-winning short film
• Varanasi (1901, 2 mins): archive film shot on the banks of the holy city of Varanasi
• The Making of Hotel Salvation: behind the scene footage of the cast and crew on location in Varanasi (2016, 12 mins)
• Original International trailer
• Original UK trailer
• Original UK teaser trailer
• Fully illustrated booklet with essays by Kaleem Aftab and Naman Ramachandran, and full film credits
Hotel Salvation (Blu-ray) BFI
A warm tale of life and relationships, embedded in Indian culture and Hindu rituals. Daya, a 77-year-old father, and Rajiv, his over-worked accountant son, journey to the eponymous Hotel Salvation in the awe-inspiring holy city of Varanasi. Rajiv struggles with anxieties about his responsibilities back home, while Daya (whose prophetic dream about his own death led them there) starts to bloom in the hotel as he befriends a delightful widow.
The simple pleasures of this timeless city are explored as father and son belatedly come to know each other in the enforced intimacy of their cramped hotel room and the teaming streets. With superb performances from renowned actors Adil Hussain (Life of Pi), Lalit Behl (Titli) and Geetanjali Kulkarni (Court), this gentle and tender multi award-winning film will make you laugh and cry.
1 in stock